Will I really learn?
YES! The gains from attending Edcamp are enormous. We routinely survey our community members and have discovered that:
- Educators exposed to the Edcamp model are more satisfied, learn more and feel more supported.
- Nearly 70% report learning at least 4 or more ideas to implement in their classrooms; 23% report learning over 10.
- Administrators and teachers agree that the Edcamp model is more productive and valuable than traditional, presentation-oriented professional development.
- Close to 97% of Edcampers say they developed beneficial contacts at Edcamp, making it one of the most rewarding networking events for educators out there.
"The best professional development has been when a teacher shows me what has revolutionized their classroom...anything that a fellow teacher, who is still in the classroom, presents beats out anything else." ~ Teachers Know Best, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
Can I get credit?
There's a good chance you can, but teacher training credit varies by state and district.
- We encourage Edcampers to advocate for receiving credit by sharing the model's effectiveness with administrators.
- Our data shows that over 80% of administrators exposed to the Edcamp model not only approved it for teacher training credit, but also included Edcamp as an approved professional development offering in their district.
- Check out these materials to help you get approval from your administration.