edcamp apt 2020 online
Join Alabama Public Television (apt) in partnership with COSA for a virtual Mental Health and Wellness Educator Check in.
Despite their own potential health risks, educators are on the front lines working to ensure that children continue to learn safely. But where can educators convene to relate to others and release stress?
Join APT and the Council on Substance Abuse on October 27th from 3:00-5:30 PM at a virtual Edcamp to connect with other education professionals about wellness and mental health issues and resources for you and your students. Edcamp is a participant-driven professional development that strives to bring educators together to talk about the things that matter most to them: their interests, passions, and questions.
This online event is free, and open to educators everywhere. All you need is an internet connection to Zoom.
We look forward to holding virtual space for engaging interactive conversations and sharing of resources around topics such as:
- Mental Health and Wellness Planning
- Stress to Success
- You're Not Alone
- It's Not Social Distancing It's Physical Distancing
- Talking to Kids About COVID
- Trepidation to Triumph (identifying and implementing coping strategies for trauma)
- Creating your toolbox (identifying resources for students and families)