Edcamp Equity 2020
Edcamp Equity is an "unconference" for educators, by educators with a specific focus on equity in education. Join K-12 educators from Wake County Public Schools and #NCed for a day of connecting, learning, and growing our craft with a specific focus on interrupting injustice in our schools.
We are interested in connecting educators with other educators who are passionate about equity work in education. It is our hope that all sessions at this Edcamp are centered in equity, so think about what facets of educational equity you would like to discuss more in depth.
- forming & maintaining an equity team
- analyzing & discussing data
- looking at your curriculum with an culturally relevant lens
- how to handle difficult discussions with colleagues about race
- amplifying the voices and experiences of the LGBTQ+ community; English Language Learners; immigrant communities; and other historically marginalized communities.