Edcamp FCS New Jersey 2020
- 8:15-8:45 Registration and breakfast
- 8:45-9:15 Introduction, Keynote speaker “Building the Future of FCS in NJ”, Q&A discussion
- 9:15 -10:00 Workshop #1
- 10:00-10:45 Workshop #2
- 10:45-11:30 Workshop #3
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch
- 12:30-1:15 Workshop #4
- 1:15-2:30 Collaboration and Q&A among participants
- 2:30-2:45 Closing remarks and planning for next meeting
There will be four workshops, each running 45 minutes. Participants will rotate through each workshop and will have collaboration time at the end of the day for follow-up questions and implementation of what was learned.
Participants will volunteer ahead of time to “lead” one of the four workshops.
Workshops will run much like a Socratic seminar in that participant leaders will facilitate the discussion and keep it on track.
A shared Google folder will be used to organize documents that everyone has submitted to share with the group.
Workshops being offered:
- Writing Curriculum in the FCS classroom
- Performance Assessments, Student-Centered Learning & Portfolios
- SGOs and Monitoring Student Progress using Rubrics
- Nearpod, Peardeck and other apps that work in the FCS classroom