Edcamp Longmont is an all-day unconference designed specifically for teachers and their needs. Edcamp has an agenda that’s created by the participants at the start of the event.
Bring your questions, your professional dilemmas, or even something AWESOME you can’t wait to tell someone about.
The day begins at 8:00 am with registration, breakfast refreshments, networking, and then, we propose topics and begin session-building with ideas from everyone in the room. This is when you can pose a question or topic for a session, prepare for the day’s events, and meet some new friends.
- Sessions will be 45 minutes in length, and there will be 10 minutes in between each session to allow participants to navigate the building, tweet, pause, write and reflect on their learning.
- Bringing a laptop or Chromebook is strongly recommended. Wireless internet will be available, for out of district guests please use SVVSD-public, there is no password required to access this network.
- Back channel for the day on Twitter and other social networks will be using hashtag #EdCampLongmont and Google Docs will be used for online notes via the session boards.
- Lunch is provided. It will include a raffle of free prizes and the Demo Slam or SMACKDOWN which is a great opportunity to learn about some great app, technique or tool in dramatic 2 MINUTES OR LESS
- The afternoon includes 2 more sessions and the closing with our FINAL raffle for prizes.
- Child Care will be available. In the past, Silver Creek Leadership Academy Students will be providing childcare throughout the day. If you need this free service, please complete this form so we can accommodate your needs.
Our Goal: Provide a great opportunity for learning. We hope to take care of food, PD credit, SWAG and even childcare so you can have the meaningful collaborative conversations that you need to help strengthen your instruction and skills. Let us know if you need anything!
* .5 Credit is available. Educators must sign up for credit here, learn and enjoy the whole day, and sign in during the morning and sign out at the end of the day to earn credit.