IdahoPTV PBS KIDS Edcamp
Idaho Public Television is excited to partner with PBS KIDS to bring the first PBS KIDS Edcamp for Early Childhood Educators! PBS KIDS Edcamp is NOT a traditional conference; no keynote speaker, pre-arranged content, or registration fee.
So what exactly is it? A PBS KIDS Edcamp is a local gathering of PreK-3 grade educators connecting through shared experiences and peer-led conversations with a PBS twist! An idea conceived by teachers eager to challenge the status quo and take control of their own professional learning, the Edcamp model was initially sparked by informal conversations between educators on social media. Across the country, educators were connecting on Twitter to discuss topics of interest and learn new ideas. These conversations inspired educators to continue the dialogue in person as participant-driven, peer-led gatherings.
- Free lunch/snacks provided
- Door prizes!
- Professional development credit available through BSU and IdahoSTARS
- 9:00-10:30 Check in, Welcome, and Opening Activity
- 10:30-10:40 Break, Snack and Networking
- 10:40-11:20 Round 1
- 11:30-12:10 Round 2
- 12:10-1:10 Lunch (provided)
- 1:10-1:50 Round 3
- 2:00-2:40 Round 4
- 2:40-3:00 Closing Evaluation and Reflections