Edcamp Organizers are Awesome!
First and foremost, THANK YOU!
We are grateful for our volunteer teacher organizers who make Edcamps happen around the world! Without your support and commitment to the model, the Edcamp movement wouldn't have spread to all 50 states, and 41 countries around the world. Because of you, hundreds of thousands of educators have been empowered to have voice and choice in their professional development.
It's our hope that Edcamp is not just a once a year event for you to attend, but a year-long connection providing a sense of community that energizes and motivates you every step of the way! Help us build our community by sharing your Edcamp stories and photos. We are excited to share your amazing work in our monthly newsletter and social media platforms.
Things to keep in mind...
Once your Edcamp registration is approved:
- You can use the Edcamp Foundation’s trademarked name;
- You can request a free Edcamp-in-a-Box resource kit; and
- You are able to use Edcamp's Eventbrite registration platform, with your own unique page that lists your Edcamp on our master calendar.
As always, we wish you a successful and energizing Edcamp!
What's in a box?
Edcamp-in-a-Box is a free resource kit sent to organizers of registered Edcamps in order to make organizing as easy as possible!
- Post-It Notes
- Edcamp-branded pens, stickers, buttons, etc.
- Sponsor contact information
- Makerspace kits (limited time)
Edcamp organizers are also eligible to receive funding for refreshments/materials with their Edcamp-in-a-Box. Restrictions and Terms of Agreement apply.
What are the requirements?
FIRST, make sure your edcamp complies with the Edcamp model:
- Free for everyone: no cost to attend
- Open to all and publicly advertised: not a school-mandated in-service training for one school, organization, etc.
- Participant-Driven: no lectures, planned presentations or schedule
- Vendor/Solicitor free: no pressure to buy any goods or services
SECOND, organizers requesting an Edcamp-in-a-Box must agree to the Edcamp Foundation’s Terms of Agreement: submitting photographs, completing surveys, and submitting participant contact information (attendee list) to the Edcamp Foundation upon completion of their Edcamp.
If your Edcamp meets the above guidelines, you are eligible to receive an Edcamp-in-a-Box!
What's the process?
The process of receiving your Edcamp-in-a-Box takes approximately 4 weeks.
After submitting your application, we will contact you to confirm your Edcamp. Once approved, and Terms of Agreement forms are submitted, your kit will ship to the provided address.
Sample timeline for the Edcamp-in-a-Box Program:
- Organizer submits online application for Edcamp-in-a-Box, completing all required fields.
- The Edcamp Foundation contacts the organizer, verifying their request and sharing the Terms of Agreement.
- Organizer sends back signed Terms of Agreement.
- Organizer confirms details on Eventbrite registration page through their sub-user account on the Edcamp Foundation website.
- The Edcamp Foundation sends out the Edcamp-in-a-Box, and the organizer receives their box within 5 business days.
- Organizer hosts their Edcamp and submits required materials back to the Edcamp Foundation.
How soon should I apply?
You are welcome to apply for an Edcamp-in-a-Box as soon as you decide to host an Edcamp. However, we recommend submitting your request at least 3 months in advance because of the high volume of requests and processing time.
Unfortunately, due to time and check-issuing constraints, requests submitted 3 weeks or less before a planned Edcamp will not receive an Edcamp-in-a-Box.