Edcamp-in-a-Box makes organizing an Edcamp as easy as possible for organizers!
The Edcamp Foundation believes all educators should be able to organize an Edcamp without the burden of needing supplies or money to make the event a success. The Edcamp-in-a-Box program provides free resource kits to organizers who have registered with Edcamp Foundation and commit to meeting basic requirements to ensure the integrity of the Edcamp model.
Register your Edcamp! Once approved, we will send your kit via USPS. Happy Edcamping!
The Edcamp Encore program provides support to organizers seeking to further the learning started at an Edcamp. Edcamp Encore is an opportunity to increase knowledge of a specific topic and develop strategies for implementating that knowledge either in the classroom or with peer educators. It's an Edcamp with a focus!
We encourage organizers to:
- Host an Edcamp Encore shortly after their Edcamp to keep the learning momentum going.
- Monitor interest the day of the Edcamp and identify sessions that were popular among participants.
- Reach out to particpants about their interests in further discussing the identified topic, and recruiting participants with specific expertise to faciliate the Encore discussion.
- Reach out to the Edcamp Foundation to register their Edcamp Encore. If needed, we can help find Edcamp experts in the identified topic.
The Edcamp Foundation supports organizers with free resources for their Edccamp Encore including, Edcamp swag, funding for refreshments and strategies for identifying teacher experts. If you are interested in hosting an Edcamp Encore, please contact email@example.com.
Impact Grants help educators build upon what they learned at an Edcamp, furthering their learning and enhancing practice.
- Impact Grants provide $500 to selected applicants whose proposal strongly details how the grant will:
- further a teacher's professional learning
- implement an idea in the classroom/school
- provide a transfer of learning to colleagues
- Impact Grants focus on increasing a teacher's capacity to bring about change in the classroom and/or school.
- Imapct Grants demonstrate the positive impact Edcamp has on educators, their classrooms, schools and students.
Although the Edcamp model has spread to all 50 states and 41countries, teachers working in the toughest schools in America have not yet heard of the Edcamp movement. Demands on their time and energy make the added burden of giving up their free time too onerous. The Edcamp Foundation, with support from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, has launched its District Initiative program to bring the Edcamp model to educators in under-resourced school districts around the country.
- The DI program selects three districts per year, bringing the Edcamp model to their educators.
- The DI program offers "Edcamp Specialist" trainings for teacher leaders, identified by the district, who learn how to facilitate an Edcamp. Edcamp Specialists receive free Edcamp backpacks as a token of the Edcamp Foundation's appreciation!
- The DI program offers the hands-on support of the Edcamp Foundation to assist with facilitating three Edcamp events in the district.
- The DI program has a flexible design in order to meet the particular needs of the district and its educators.
- The DI program provides free resources, incuding Edcamp-in-a-Box materials and funding to assist with providing food & beverages at the Edcamp events.
If you are interested in bringing the DI program to your area, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss fee-for-service training opportunities.